Be picked up for Mikumi national park Safari at exactly 5am for a 6hrs-7hrs drive to Mikumi National Park. Hot Breakfast on the way. On Arrival, check in at the park and start your evening game drive till 6pm.Lunch break will be at the Park restaurant. At 6pm check out of the Park and head to the CAMP BASTIAN MIKUMI COTTAGES for Camping Accommodation check in.
Early morning 6am breakfast at the camp. At 6:30am, drive to the Udzungwa mountains National Park head office for about 1hr 30 minutes for check in to start your full Day Sanje circuit trail hike to the Sanje waterfall. After the hike, drive back the camp for dinner and overnight.
Early morning 6am breakfast at the camp. At 6:30am, drive to the Mikumi National Park entry gate for check in to start your Morning Game drive till 11am then after start check out of Mikumi national park and start driving back to Dar es salaam. You will be dropped at the hotel or Airport.
Udzungwa Mountains National Park was established in 1992 and officially opened by the former President and founder of WWF (World Wildlife Fund for Nature) Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands. The word “Udzungwa” comes from the word “Wadsungwa” referring to one of the native sub tribes of the “Hehe” people who once lived in the slopes of the mountains.
The park covers an area of 1990km2 where geographically, 20% of the total area lies in Morogoro region while the remaining 80% being in the southern highland region of Iringa.
By road network from Dar es Salaam (380km) as well as Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Mbeya. There are two airstrips Msolwa and Kilombero which can be used by tourist through air transport before they connect using hired vehicles to the park’s main gate.
NOTE: Transport arrangements must be made with the bus companies, tour operators and air travelling agents for those who use charter/air transport through provided timetables for dates and times of both departure and arrival for park visit.
Dry season (June – September) and wet season (November – March) when wild flowers are flourishing and plentiful of butterflies. For bird watchers, December – February is their best time as most migratory birds are nesting in the park.
These are places of interest inside the park, where tourists can visit, typically for its inherent or exhibited natural or cultural value, historical significance, natural or built beauty, offering leisure, adventure and amusement.
The park has a lot of natural water falls as river streams are flowing producing the fascinating sounds in the heavy forest.
The Park offers chance to go summit to highest peaks of Luhomero and Mwanihana. The activity can best be carried out throughout the year, but dry season is the most convenient time for most mountain climbers.
Reptiles and Amphibians with the endemic Udzungwa lizards (Cnemaspis Udzungwae) and Phrynobatrachus Udzungwensis together with endemic chameleon (Bearded pygmy chameleon).
Tropical Rainforest with 2500 different plant species including three endemic plants and 160 plant species of medicinal value.